Sunday, May 13, 2012

Summer Bucket List





Miss Kindergarten, A Cupcake for the Teacher and a Modern Teacher are hosting My Summer Bucket List Linky Party!  Its fun to blog hop to see what others are doing!  WARNING:  This will just make your list that much longer:)  So many cute ideas from blogs and Pinterest will leave my head spinning with inspiration!

Classroom Inspiration:

1.  Let's start small and build from there:) Super cute idea found on Pinterest by Controlling My Chaos. Its one of those things I put down on a mental list in the middle of my teaching day, but it leaves my head just as quickly as it comes in!

Pinned Image

2. Daily 5 Refresh- I need to pull out The Daily  5 and Cafe books to reread them  I use many of the ideas in the books, but need to fine tune them for next year.  Which brings me to giving the kids choice...  I am not so good at this part, but I think this organizational piece will help next year! I found a  great idea from  Response to Instruction on Pinterest. 

Pinned Image

3. I am looking for a positive behavior plan that's easy to implement and even easier to keep up with!  I think I found both on Pinterest too!  The first is a large bingo board of sorts.  When you catch kids making the right choices, they get to put their name in a square. When the squares are full, roll a pair of dice to pick the winner.  (I am not sure who posted it to Pinterest, but if you know please leave me a note so i can give credit!)  The daily winner is going to get a ticket from the Good "Bee"havior Binder for a special treat! The binder set up and all of its ideas can be found on First Grader at Last. Good-bye prize box:)

Pinned Image   Pinned Image

4 And last but not least will be the MOST TIME CONSUMING!  I will be reading Pathways to the Common Core by Lucy Caulking and realigning our reading series to the Common Core!  This in itself might take all summer... 

Lucy Calkins new book about Common Core!

On a more personal note, we will be traveling up the east coast to Rhode Island, Maryland and Georgia to visit family and friends.  I love living in Florida and wouldn't trade it for anything, but miss family and family traditions!  Lots of time to go to the beach, to lounge at the pool and to just relax with the boys on our weeks home between traveling!  17 days and counting:)


21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They seem to be a favorite:). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love the Reading Princess graphics from JW Illustrations. I have them, too. :) I am a new follower.

    April @ ideabackpack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cans too!! Hope you have a great summer and get your bucket list knocked out! I just joined the party, so come over when you can!

    Summer Dreaming,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I followed you too.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by. Your blog is adorable.

      Delete
  4. this is great! Love those cans. I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! The cans are on the top of my list!

      Delete
  5. Congrats! I've given you the One Lovely Blog award. Stop by to check out all the details.

    Vanessa @ http://kinderloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the pencil cans!! Thank you so much for linking up!!
    I'm going to try a candy shop at my local mall, and if that fails, I'll try the Internet!! {for the pixie stix}
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri! I will try the Internet. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  7. I would love to see Rhode Island and Georgia someday!! Enjoy it!!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I'm here in Orlando and our district is not aligning Imagine It for us... so I feel yor pain. I'll be doing CC all.summer.long. Just know you're not alone ;) Thanks for stopping by!

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me know what you think of the common core as that is something I will be working on over the summer as well!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is adorable! You followed me; I am following you. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog! It is adorable! I love those cans for your classroom. I may have to try to make them for my classroom as well!

    Joni
    KinderKids Fun
    jegalford3406@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for coming over and following my blog! I'm glad you did, because, now I can follow you! Love your blog! Super cute!
    ~Marie
    www.cotesclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're welcome for the freebie! Thanks for joining my blog! I love yours and am your newest member! When I have more time I'm coming back to find those awesome charts and pencil holders!! How cute are they!!!!
    ann
    thecaffeinatedclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm your newest follower! Love, love, LOVE your behavior bingo idea (ok, maybe you said it wasn't YOURS but thanks for sharing it!!) I've gotta book mark that for next year! :):)

    I don't want to even think about writing a summer bucket list. I think it will stress me out!

    Maureen
    The First Grade Splash

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hiya Tammy!

    Just wanted to stop by and say hi and thanks for following me! Your blog is uber cute and I love the first thing on your bucket list! Definitely a cute idea :]

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete