Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

New School Year and FREEBIE!



I have 2 weeks left of summer vacation and am hoping to be able to get into my classroom by next Wednesday.  I am so jealous of seeing so many bloggers in their classroom working and organizing this summer.  I have moved classrooms AGAIN!  Yes, 17 classrooms in 16 years:(  Hoping this is it for a while.

Every year in a new classroom is definitely a fresh start.  This is the first time I am actually moving back into a classroom I was previously in. (This is a first!) Did I mention it has a huge walk in closet??  I will post pictures when I finally get in:) 

I am linking up with Amanda at Teaching Maddeness and sharing some of my New {School} Year Resolutions. 


1.  I will keep my teacher space (desk??) neat and organized.  I tend to be a stack and pile girl and need to STOP doing this.  Its not expected by others because I am super organized with files and bins and everything HAS a place. 

2.  I want need to become more computer literate! Jumping into blogging and, hold onto your seats, TpT, is REALLY out of my comfort zone.  I am truly amazed by the support of other bloggers.  I will continue to learn and grow (and promise not to throw my laptop across the room!) for myself and my students. 

3.  I would like to work on some Tpt products that are needed in my classroom.  As I have said before, I am resourceful and love to support the many talented teachers out there.  Why reinvent the wheel?  I don't intend to...  So to get off to  a good start, I have uploaded my first product to my TpT store.  Please check out my TpT store, upload my first TpT FREEBIE , and like my store while you are there:)

Back to School Class Writing Journal CoversOk, how can I copy this from TpT so its NOT FUZZY!!  See what I mean??

4.  Finally, I LOVE taking pictures, but tend to wait until May to print them and start class memory books.  This year, I have purchased (see, resourceful!) School Days Scrapbook by Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera and can't wait to get started.  I WILL NOT WAIT UNTIL MAY!
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
8 Comments
Share :

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the party, Tammy! You have some great resolutions listed! I can't believe you've moved so many times...I bet your classroom is neat and clutter-free! ;)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of your resolutions too! Great resolutions.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to resolve to do #1 also. I am horrible when it comes to organization & keeping everything neat. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in need of becoming for tech savie also! But, I love your TPT store- so you may be better than you think.
    Hope you will stop by and visit my blog!
    Stacy
    Leading and Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also am moving rooms! I'm going to the other side of the hall, I've been in all the rooms on my old side and was in my original room twice! One year, I actually had to move two times! I'm excited about the change, but I lose a big walk in closet! I'm your newest follower, thanks for following me!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog through another blogger. I am so glad I did. I have a feeling that I too will be working hard on keeping my spaces clean (YIKES). I was able to do so as a Title 1 reading teacher, but my classroom will have a lot more space which means more area to spread out.
    I am not only following you but your TPT store as well.
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was laughing out loud at your goal about taking pictures. A few years ago I noticed a pattern. I would have a TON of pictures for Sept. & Oct. I'd have a few more around Christmas and Valentine's Day. After that, I would have a TON in April & May. I never liked feeling rushed at the end of the year with so many pictures. So, I made a list of pictures I wanted to take each month based on what I planned to be teaching. It worked :)
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your first TPT item. I hope to do that, too. Not so sure how to do it. I hope to before January. We will see.

    We have many similar goals. Good luck.

    We can do it!

    Sara

    New follower from Kinderaffe2ndgraders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios