Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Month in Review


I went to download my pictures last night, and I did not do a very good job taking pictures of activities in October!  Yikes, I am promising to myself and my blog readers to do better next month!




OK, this is from the very end of September, so it was still hanging up at the beginning of October.  My kids loved learning about Johnny Appleseed.  The art project was awesome and it came from Teachers, Bits and Bobs.  I loved step by step directions for drawing Johnny!  We also made a circle map and I adore the pictures this little one added to her circle map:).

 
We practiced ghostly contractions small group and in word work. Contractions are such a hard concept for firsties and we need LOTS of practice:)   I was so excited at I am just starting putting activities on TpT and this free activity had over 500 downloads! 
 
 
We were reading the story on The Little Red Hen in our reading book when my principal came in for an informal evaluation.  After reading, I said to the class we are going to compare and contrast the characters in the story and my little one (who is always in the clouds) yells out, "That's a Double Bubble map!!"  I almost did a cartwheel in front on my principal:) 



My kids and I  LOVED the Witches Brew activities by Mrs. Van Meter at Primary Possibilities.  The Real and Make Believe words for the pocket chart activity were a hit!  We even make the Witches Brew recipe at our Fall festival to make money for our class.  The yummy bat wings (ruffles) and eyeballs (cheeseballs) were a hit! I wish I had a picture of our booth, but we were so BUSY!


Here is a team picture after working a full school day and then at the Fall Festival until 8:00pm.  We were hot and exhausted, but the kids had a blast! 

(I am heading to school today to snap a picture of the pumpkins on the door.)

The kids loved painting pumpkins.  I adore how their personalities come out when you hand them a paintbrush and let them create.  We painted pumpkins and after they dried the kids cut them out.  We talked about "bubble cutting" around the pumpkin, just like Mrs. Van Meter did with Johnny Appleseed.  ( I love this term:) I laminated them and they are hanging on the outside of our door and in the classroom.

I have linked up with Michele at Miss Nelsons Got the Camera.  Head on over to share what you did in October.  Its time to finally download the photos:)



QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
8 Comments
Share :

8 comments:

  1. YAY! I love all of your pictures. Thanks for linking up. You make a cute witch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many cute activities going on! Looks like you're having so much fun there!
    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your cute blog through Michele's linky party. Fun! I love all of your pictures. Your students look like they are having a blast learning.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing so many different activities in different classes. Love the pocket chart activity, looks fun:)

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bubble letter love your blog. These activities looks so fun. I love the pocket chart activity :)

    Marie
    www.skippersjungle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pics look great. You can tell everyone had tons of fun.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is adorable! I'm now your newest follower. Be sure to stop by and enter my 100 Follower Giveaway. It's up and running now thanks to fabulous bloggers like you who pushed me over into the triple digits of blog followers :)

    Lisa
    The Lower Elementary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that apple artwork in the top photo Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios