I am linking up with Kasey over at Doodle Bugs Teaching with her Five for Friday and YES, I know I am a day late!
Here are 5 random facts about my week!
1. I started using the Daily 5 structure on Monday! I have been using read to self, read to partner, word work, listening and writing all year, but on a weekly rotating basis with a few extra centers built in. So I went back to the basics and implemented the mini-lessons between rotations too! Here is a word work activity practicing our qu/wh spelling pattern with my Digraph Sort qu, wh (available in my TpT store for FREE).
2. My intervention group includes a mix of first graders from other classes and my group is blending/word work so I used Made for First Grade's Smitten with Mittens Centers. They practiced reading real and nonsense words with blends and digraphs. In two weeks we re-evaluate where all the kids are and resort into different groups. I am going to miss this group!
3. After making mini-anchor charts with the kids to reteach addition and subtraction vocabulary, I rewrote them after school and hung them only to realize there is an error on the addition one! I have a teeny-tiny room with little wall space (not to mention a fire marshal) so I have started making mini-anchor charts that fit on my wall of cabinets and are available for reference.
4. My family is on a homemade pizza kick and I have to say I am LOVING IT!
5. I have to say I am loving my Jesus Calling Devotional Book that I started last spring. Lately, His words are speaking to exactly what is going on in my life.I am not so good with change and I trying let go of the control.
Before I leave you, I was checking out other Five for Fridays and landed at Teacher Bits and Bobs. Kerry posted about this necklace from Origami Owl where all the proceeds go to victim's families from Sandy Hook Elementary. How cool is that?
Now I am off to fix that anchor chart!