Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Five for Friday Linky {2/15}



I am linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching with Five for Friday.  Valentine's Day is such a sweet day, but I would like to propose it be the second Friday in February!  Do I get an AMEN??

 fiveforfriday

We started off the week jumping into opinion writing.  We used a brace map to brainstorm the parts  of Valentine's Day we {love}.   No, crazy, sugared up children was not on this list!  HA!


As we discussed how cards can make someone's day and we made a list of school personnel who might not get a card for Valentine's Day.  GASP!! So each child chose one or two employees and made them a special card and they delivered them on Valentine's Day.  So many people made comments today about how sweet it was. 


The love of painting is a constant in first grade.  There never seems to be enough time, but even  painting a quick red heart fills their creative spirit. I try to paint something quick and easy to have laminated and put in the "basket" on my lovely brown door!  (Wish I could paint that too!) 


Ok, I know these pictures are sideways, BUT I just love this activity by Deanna Jump!  It is a Valentine Card Scrapbook.  The kids sort their cards by animals, superheros, favorites... and add them to the pocket pages in this adorable little book.  I even had some kids pull out their books today and reread their cards.  I love this because you know moms (not me of course!- wink!) often throw these treasures right int he circular file. 

And last, but not least, here is a picture of my two little sweethearts!  Justin received a late birthday present in the mail on Wednesday and was so excited to see Night Vision Nerf Football in the box!  It was well worth the wait as half the neighborhood was out playing with it tonight:)


I am so ready to enjoy this 3 day weekend.  Does everyone have President's Day off?  Thinking Sea World with the family if it warms up:)
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
6 Comments
Share :

6 comments:

  1. I think the 2nd Friday is a fabulous idea!! What a fun idea for sorting their cards! My kids looked at the candy and them just tossed them in their bag:(
    Sorting would have a been a much better idea. Enjoy your weekend!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Valentine's Day scrapbook idea. . . I'll have to check it out for next year. I am super jealous of the night vision football. Have a great long weekend.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Valentines your kids made for special people around the school! I'm sure they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to make Valentine's for school people who might not get one! I'll have to remember that for next year.

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea about making valentines for staff!! Would be a great way to add authentic writing to the writing center. And, I'll give you an AMEN and a Hallelujah chorus to having Valentine's day on a Friday!! :)

    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog from your purchase from me at TPT. I now am your newest follower. Check out my blog and follow me if you would like. Love your valentine ideas. http://funandeasyfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios