Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

I am a Florida Blogger!


Diane over at Fifth in the Middle has created a Blog by State Link Up where you can grab your state (adorable graphics by Melonheadz) and link up with others from your state.  What a great resource for everyone.  Maybe there will be a Florida blogger meet up soon.  A girl can wish:)


Speaking of Florida, I am anxious to see that the publishers roll out for Reading with Common Core Standards.  We have been told by our district that we will not even see the choices until April and I am betting that it will not be until after FCAT (our state test).  Have you heard anything from your county about reading adoption for next year? Please do share:)
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
6 Comments
Share :

6 comments:

  1. A Florida meet up would be AWESOME!! =) I've heard mixed things about actually getting new curriculum. One day we're getting reading and math {even though we just got envision math less than 3 years ago} and then the next day I hear we're getting nothing. One never knows around here. =)
    -Jackie-
    Sister Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up and posting about my linky. Hope you find some great Florida bloggers!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our district (in Florida) reviewed several publishers programs that are aligned to common core. They decided not to adopt a new program. The biggest missing piece is not truly knowing yet what PARCC will be like- hard to spend millions on a series built to prepare for an assessment not yet finished.
    Ok...so who is going to get the FL meet up going????
    Stacy
    Leading and Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ALL ABOUT THIS FL Bloggy meet up! :) I've heard our district is not going to adopt a reading series next year (GASP!) I love the idea of going "whole language" again... :)

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through a friend's blog and love it! I am your newest follower! Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios