Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Five for Friday {5/31}


fiveforfriday 

Our butterflies emerged!  We had two caterpillars and they both emerged a day apart.  Both times the kids were at specials or coming into the room in the morning and the kids missed this miracle by MINUTES!  They were beyond excited:)





We have been working on nonfiction research and writing.  We have read books, articles, made thinking maps and wrote about sharks and dolphins.  Is is amazing to see how far they have come!
I love the Ocean, Nonfiction Fun Unit by Marie Cote.   



 I won the Healthy Helpings Game over are Teaching with Love and Laughter. You can check out the game over at Learning Resources by clicking on the picture or the game name.

Healthy Helpings™ MyPlate Activity Mat It is fun game that teachers nutrition on a primary level.  The kids loved the choices in food, and even had to ask what a couple were!  This is a great addition to your nutrition unit and to your game collection once you have introduced it.  I have used it whole group, small group and now independently. 

 Thanks Lori and Learning Resources!

I love the little notes Zachary leaves for me before and after school at my desk.  I am so happy to teach where they attend school.  It gives me glimpses of their life at school...not to mention a few love notes:)


And last but not least, I took a personal day and spent the day with Zach at his field trip to Medieval Times.  I can't believe how fast they grow.  I need to remember to slow down and enjoy each moment.


Now don't forget to head on over to Kasey at Doodle Bugs Teaching and check out this linky:)
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. Our butterflies hatched this week too! I love your little love note :)

    Enjoy the weekend!
    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you and your students love the game. Mine cannot get enough of it!
    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking those days and spending it as a mom,, good for you. You will never regret that. Enjoy your summer!
    xoxo
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterflies...Another thing I wish I had time to do! I'd love to go to Medieval Times...What a fun time that must have been!!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  5. Releasing the butterflies is my favorite thing to do! I love how sometimes they hang around and I always try to get pictures of them sitting on the kiddo's noses.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love releasing butterflies! It's such a humbling experience because it allows you to see how precious life is. I love your blog layout!!

    Sincerely,
    Tasha
    atenderteacherforspecialneeds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I messed up my link. I am still fairly new to blogging! atenderteacherforspecialneeds

      Delete

Follow @georgialoustudios