Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

1st Week Back and {Five For Friday}



I had the BEST week ever!  I totally love my firsties and am so thankful for each and every one of them!  I am linking up today with Doodle Bugs Teaching with Five for Friday.

[fiveforfriday2%255B5%255D.jpg]

We started the week with one of my favorite characters, SPLAT!  So any of my kids had never seen or heard of him!  We then made a bubble map to include things about Splat.  The kids then complete this little writing activity and little craftivity by First Grade Blue Skies.  I love the craft as it keeps it simple, but excites the kids!  Did I mention it is a FREEBIE?





We then moved on to talking about what first graders have, are and can do.  We used this adorable tree map from Abby's pack called Fun with Firsties.  My firsties then worked on their own tree map about first graders.  I can't wait to say First Graders are INDEPENDENT!  I forget how far they come during the year.  Baby steps:)


 


OK, I have worked on my library at the end of last year and the beginning of this year.  On the wooden shelf, I have books sorted by theme and genre.  There are a few holes as you can see because Publix (yes, the grocery store) ran out of these bins!  Why Publix you ask?  Because I didn't feel so bad buying a few a week and my dear hubby didn't need to see a $200.00 cha-ching!  Shhhh:) Bad news is I just bought the last 12 and they are out and need to reorder!

 

I am in the process of going through all my books to find their Accelerated Reader (AR) level.  That involved typing in each book title into Renaissance Place and then labeling the book.  This is VERY time consuming... UNTIL NOW:)


Can I get an EXTRA loud WOOT! WOOT! I am so excited about this app.  It was the BEST $1.99 I think I might have ever spent!  All I do is scan the bar code on the back of the books and the book's title, picture and AR level comes up.  Some older books are not showing, but this has been such a life saver:)


Look at this little rock star!  Such a fabulous attitude all the time.  This is our first day picture by our Charlie Brown Tree:)  The apples will be changed out to match the month or season.  I wish I could find another tree like it because this one is an oldie but goodie:)

Hope your first week back ROCKED!
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @georgialoustudios