Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

August Currently


As much as I LOVE Currently, this month is bittersweet as it signifies the end of summer vacation and the beginning of a brand new group of firsties!


We totally hung around the house today (which hardly ever happens) and the boys had friends sleep over and stay the day.  They love video games, but we need to turn them off VERY SOON!

My principal called me on Monday and asked if I would take an intern starting August 12th!  I am so excited.  I have avoided it for many years as I am maybe a little OCD :)  This year I decided to take the plunge.  I was thinking a January intern, but God had a different plan! I would love some advice.

I totally neglected my house and to-do list this summer.  We spent almost 4 weeks away and then had 2 weeks with company.  CRAZY and FUN times!  

Have you seen the new rugs at Ikea?  Can you say $19.99?!?  I already see it in my library:)  
      ULLGUMP Rug, low pile IKEA
I love Reagan's Rise and Shine Binder.  Have you seen it?  Of course you have!! So of my  blogging friends are using as part of their morning work.  I am thinking I might use it as part of my morning meeting, word work and small group instruction.  More to come on that:) Just know this is a MUST HAVE!


So now don't forget to head over and check out Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade and everyone who has linked up with her Currently!

QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. Tammy,

    I'm also thinking about my summer To Do's! But luckily I still have a couple weeks to fit it all in! Hope you get your rug!

    Heather
    Veronica,

    Loving your idea of the time machine! Wouldn't that be amazing. Would make teaching that much easier (hopefully).

    Heather
    http://thelandofican.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy- I have those to-do's that ended up being to-didn't. :( But the list will still be there- and you have so many memories of what you did do! Love your new rug! I get my haircut tomorrow!;)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands & Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios