Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Five for Friday {Dec.13th}


Yah for Friday!  Its even better because my favorite number is 13 and today is Friday the 13th!
 
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2013/12/five-for-friday-linky-party-december.html

I am liking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching today with a quick recap of my week.  I can't believe we are down to one week of school before Christmas vacation! Hold onto your hats!



My kids adore Magic Elf!  Magic Elf has a new message every day for the kids.  You can check out this amazing pack HERE! It is by Kerri B from Teacher Bits and Bobs.  It brings a little bit of the TRUE meaning of Christmas into our classroom!


 

I passed out some red and blue cubes as we discussed related facts and started to make fact families today.  The children were instructed to  write the two addends in the bottom corners of the triangle and then add and record the sum on the top,  My firsties then constructed their 4 fact family sentences in base of the house. The Gingerbread men just happened to be on my table and the rest was history.  The activity was one of those spontaneous lessons that the kids loved!  It wasn't anything fancy, but that just reminds me that kids don't need (or even want) fancy! 
 
 
 
 
My oldest son turned 13 on December 12th!  Tonight we celebrated at our favorite Japanese steakhouse with my parents.  So happy they are spending the winter here in Florida this year:)
 
 
The 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway has come to an end. I donated my new All About Nouns Unit.
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-About-Nouns-1006535
 
And the winner is.....
 
 
For a complete list of winners, be sure to visit Teachin' Little Texans!
 
 
My observation was on Wednesday and all I can say is I am so glad my first formal is over.  I was using technology and of course the laptop did NOT want to cooperate (long story) but we quickly moved on!  
 
 
Our Wonders Reading Series had the Gingerbread Man in our anthology this week! Our skill was cause and effect, so I created a multi flow map for the Gingerbread Man that we worked on together.  

 
For their "ticket out", my kids had to complete the bottom of the map with cause and effect for the final 2 pages of the story.  They actually received half of the page above.  This was a quick assessment to see who understood cause and effect and who needs additional practice:)
 
It was a super busy week and we have a busy weekend coming up as well! 
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy - happy bday to your son...my daughter is 14 so kinda close in age. I hope it was a wonderful celebration! Lots of cute stuff you have done this week. Only 1 more week left. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog on the Five for Friday link-up. I love Florida - I've only been to the east coast, but I love the weather, especially in the winter. I bet your son loved the Japanese steak house - those chefs really know how to wield a knife!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios