Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Fitting it all in...


Hi, my name is Tammy and I have been MIA this summer!  If you are new to my blog, then WELCOME!  If you are a tried and true friend, thanks for sticking around:)

I have my head back in the game and started to plan my schedule.  It will be similar to last year, with the exception of an additional 30 minutes of class time added to the students' day.   Our county adjusted high school schedules- which in turn affect the county BUS schedule!
(Love the School Days graphics from The Learning Tree)

So students start 10 minutes early and stay 20 minutes longer.  Teachers have not been told about a schedule change for us, but we will roll with it! So here is a tentative schedule for my year providing specials and lunch stay at approximately the same times. Wednesdays is a bit different due to early release (dismiss one hour early).

Frame is part of the Cliparts Craze on Facebook this weekend!
 
Over the next week or so, I will be sharing procedures, favorite activities and products that I use throughout the day to teach in each subject area.  If you have any specific questions, please leave  a question in the comments!
 

QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
4 Comments
Share :

4 comments:

  1. They added 30 minutes to our day to make up for snow days last year and the added time went by so fast. We got used to it pretty quickly, but my question is are you going to get compensated for the extra time? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, As of right not, teachers are not working any additional hours. It just cuts into our before and after school planning time, but we still have 50 minutes for specials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm eager to hear about your intervention groups. We are lucky if we get 5 kids into RTI reading pull-outs. I see you also have intervention groups for math. I can't wait to read more!
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog on blog lovin'. I did not know that schools ever went less than 7 hours a day! Our day starts at 8:10am and dismissal is at 3:10pm. Teachers hours are 7:25am-3:25pm. I would have a hard time fitting everything in if our days were shorter!

    Ms. King's Kinders

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios