Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Finding Joy


I would describe myself as a joyful person.  I try to see the good in people and things.  I tend to see the glass as half FULL! 
 
So while my preacher was preaching on Sunday about finding joy, I started to tune him out.  After all, I have a good life... I simply adore my husband, I have 2 healthy boys, and we really have everything we NEED.  So when life hands you lemons, you make LEMONADE!



BUT then God whispered in my ear.  "How about school Tammy?"

I have to say this has been the most challenging year in my eighteen years of teaching.  I have questioned so many things this year.  This doubt I have has come as a result of school, county and state mandates.  I have been saddened, angered and have probably felt every gamut of emotion in between this year.

Many days, I wonder if I will make it through the year.  Then I think, if I do, what can I do next year? What can I do for the same salary that I would like to do?  I use to think I would teach until I retire.  I LOVE TEACHING!  I truly feel I was called to teach.  It is WHO I AM! 

While walking in the office last week, someone said something that made me laugh.  My book keeper called from around the corner, "Is that Tammy laughing?" and I answered "Yes." and apologized if I was being too loud.  She replied, "It is the FIRST time this year I have heard you laugh."

REALLY??  I know it has been a hard year, but have I become that "glass is empty" person? 

So when my pastor said, "Are you joyful?", was that God whispering in my ear again?  What to do now?   Pastor John had a list of practical steps to take in finding JOY. These are going to be printed, front and center in my life!

 
I do not know what the future holds.  What I do know is teaching is a HUGE part of who I am.  JOY IS MY RESPONSIBILITY!!  I am working on being joyful DAILY!

I don't usually share my faith on my blog, but I know I am not alone in this.  I have heard so many teachers share they been broken and worn this year.  We have felt the joy being sucked out of our classrooms.  However, JOY IS MY RESPONSIBILITY!  If you would like to hear the sermon in its entirety, go HERE to Journey Christian Church.  The actual sermon is called The Promise that Calls for Celebrating. 

Children are so good at finding joy in the little things.  Let's take back out classrooms and find joy in the little things!
 
 Wishing you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
post signature
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @georgialoustudios