Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Pre-K Practice and Five for Friday


Welcome back to Pre-K Happenings and Five for Friday.  We just finished our 4th week of school and the students and I are settling into our routine!  Routine as such an important thing to establish in pre-k as the "littles" are so unsure of what will be happening when they first come to school.  When I think of how far they have come in a month I am SO proud!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2015/09/five-for-friday-linky-party-september_25.html

I am linking up today with Kasey at Doodlebugs Teaching with Five for Friday.  I love taking a peek into one another's weeks!  If you are new to The Resourceful Apple, my teaching journey has diverged to pre-k this year and I am LOVING it!! So here are 5 random pictures of our pre-k happenings!


 

 
My little people are working on counting and one to one correspondence.  We have used TONS of counting activities from a giant number line to counting manipulatives to games and songs.  Variety is the key to keep their attention!
 
Songs, poems, nursery rhymes and finger plays are always fun and engaging!  I have started compiling a poetry notebook for student to share at home with their families!  The poems are sang and chanted all week in circle with large charts and then added to their poetry notebooks on Fridays during small group. The rebus pictures will make it easier for the students who need the visual cues for recall. You can find the September Edition on TpT HERE if you are interested!




 
 

There are so many activities that we take for granted that children need developed fine motor skills for.  Cutting is one of those skills that needs fine motor strength.  At the beginning of the year, we work on holding the scissors correctly, how to hold the paper that you are cutting with the other hand and then yes, put is all together and as they try to move the scissors to cut.  It is not as easy as it sounds!

 
 
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Interactive-Alphabet-Activities-1966360

As I follow our pre-k pacing guide, we have a letter or two to focus on throughout the week.  I am not a "letter of the week" type of teacher as I believe students need to have meaningful experiences to make the letter /sound connections.  We are always looking to poems, big books, environmental print, our word wall  and yes, our "letter of the week" for meaningful connections.  This magnetic game is a class favorite and  can be found in Interactive Alphabet Activities HERE
. 

 
 
I love the dramatic play area and girls AND boys practice home living skills and use their imagination to role play various scenarios.  This little guy is the FIRST one to ask for dramatic play EVERYDAY and ALWAYS goes right to the baby.  He is going to make an AMAZING dad!
 
I hope you had a great week and are ready to jump into October later next week!  I can't believe fall is upon us (even though it is still ninety something degrees here in Florida)!
post signature
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
1 Comments
Share :

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your letter C activities! Looks like a lot of fun! I always make letter thinking maps with my class, but I never thought to have the kids do it themselves. Thank you for sharing.
    My Fabulous Class

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios