Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Plant Week & Five for Friday


What a better way to celebrate my favorite day of the week 
than joining up with Doodle Bugs Teaching with Five for Friday?
Jack and the Bean Stalk has definitely been one of out favorite fairy tales and was the PERFECT story to integrate literacy, math (shapes) and science (planting)!  This activity was Pinterest inspired, so be sure to check out my Science board on Pinterest.

We brought a a Milk Weed Plant into the classroom in hopes of finding a caterpillar only to find out we have FIVE caterpillars!  We are very excited to learn all about them. I love the text in this Butterfly Life Cycle book by Amanda Richardson. This product also has a life cycle poster and several other activities perfect for the primary grades. 

Butterfly Life Cycle


Mother's Day is just around the corner. These finger print flowers are a favorite of mine. We will add the stems and fingerprint leaves next week.  I am trying to decide if I should frame them or add them to the front of a card.  It doesn't happen too often that I am actually ahead of the game!



Skill building puzzles have brought life back to the puzzle center!  I found this idea over at The Applicious Teacher years ago and had it tucked away in the back of my mind.  You should check out her post on Puzzles in the Classroom



We are down to the final 28 days of school.  I love that I have the most awesome paraprofessional! She is prepping Alphabet Flip Books for next year and yes, that is the final letter Z is see!!  
Well this week is a wrap! Lots of learning and excitement with our plants and catties:)
post signature
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
1 Comments
Share :

1 comment:

Follow @georgialoustudios