Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Monday Made It


OK, its officially the LAST Monday of summer vacation (insert HEAVY sigh) and I am finally joining in on Monday Made It.  Better late than never:) As much as I am anxiously waiting to get into my classroom and start prepping, I am not so ready for the alarm clock!

                          

How do you all organize your Accelerated Reader books?  I have seen so many books labeled with Fountas and Pinnell on blogs and in classroom organization packets found on Teachers Pay Teachers. I was wondering if anyone organizes with AR levels.

As a teacher and parent, I have a love/hate dislike relationship with Accelerated Reader that I posted about in the Daily 5 Book Study that you can read about here.  I believe that children should read books on topics they love and that they pick.  However, I think they need a guide to pick books that are on their level. 

So, I have made Accelerated Reader Book Basket Labels to match my apple theme that I am going to share with you.  You can check them out at my TpT store and download them for FREE.  I am asking that you leave feedback.  I totally appreciate this!



And finally, if you have been reading my blog, you know that I STRUGGLE with technology! So I tried to insert a picture of the unit cover from TpT which was saved as a PDF.  However, I need to change it to a JPEG and it won't let me:(  SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
4 Comments
Share :

4 comments:

  1. I too am sighing about how close school is coming! Next Monday will be my last Monday of summer... and I'm not sure if I have really come to terms with that yet! My library is my next task too. Yours turned out super cute! I definitely need to make labels too!

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your AR tags are cute!! I can't believe how fast school is approaching. We go back next Monday too. The summer was nice while it lasted. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your labels! We use AR at our school. I find it really helps kids find just-right books. I organize my library by series and author (noting the range of levels on the basket label) and books that don't fit otherwise in baskets by level only. If a student wants to read a book that is above their level, they just need to explain why they think they can handle it...prior experience with horses, an obsession with dinosaurs, etc. They may also check out higher level books to take home to be read by or with a parent, since listening levels are higher than independent levels.

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios