Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Workout in my downtime?



Thank would be CRAZY!  I am linking up with Mrs. Wills Kindergarten for the Fitness Resolution and Step into Second Grade with Mrs. Lemons for downtime resolutions!


NEWSFLASH!  I don't want to workout in my downtime!!

So, I need to be a little creative and multitask:)  My oldest son, Justin, takes tae kwon do at our local YMCA 3 times a week.  What do I do then you ask?  Watch him, grade papers, and play on my iphone (of course) all while paying for a family membership!

So, my 2013 New Year's Resolution for Fitness is to GO workout while Justin is in class since that was the intent 2 years ago when we joined!!  That will be 3 days a week minimum in the gym. 

Which brings me to my New Year's Resolution for Downtime.  I want to take more pictures in the classroom and at home with the boys.  We wait to photograph the best projects, lessons, parties ... instead of appreciating the little things.  I want live in the moment and appreciate all moments- the big and the small.

BUT, I can't just leave them on my camera or computer.  I miss scrapbooking but don't have tons of downtime so I started using Project Life 5 years ago, but in 2012 only got to April. My kids have even said they miss seeing the pictures of things we have done (since the pictures are still on the computer).

What is Project Life?  Project Life is guiltless form of storing/displaying pictures and recording a memory or two about the pictures.  You can visit Becky Higgins' website to find out more.  There are links at the top to explore her blog, her products, freebies and recipes.  P.S.-Her Taco Soup recipe is to die for!!

I would love to hear what you think about this.  I will be sharing more in the months to come:)

Finally, I have posted a new product on Teachers Pay Teachers.  I have grouped together 4 activities for practicing spelling patterns while decoding words in fun games.  It is called Reading and Spelling Patterns (er/ir/ur, -le, long o and digraph qu, wh).  I know they are in a  random order, but they come in that order in our Harcourt Reading Series.  I am thinking I might list them separately too.  Thoughts?



I am giving away a copy to the first 3 people who leave a comment with an email address!
Wishing you and your families a happy, healthy and blessed 2013! 
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
3 Comments
Share :

3 comments:

  1. Your new unit looks really great!
    I am your newest follower.
    Happy New Year
    Jennifer
    loularkin@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have seen this LINKY party BEFORE yesterday....I know what you mean about the workout...but I am doing it to , my resolution is to lose 20lbs....hope it all works out!
    I would LOVE to have a copy of your latest TpT product!
    See you around
    ~Natalie
    queenbeeminneola@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you with your resolutions! You can do it, you can do it, you can, you can! Your new TpT product looks great!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios