Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Five for Friday (or Saturday!)


I am linking up with Kasey over at Doodle Bugs Teaching with her Five for Friday and YES, I know I am a day late!  

fiveforfriday

Here are 5 random facts about my week!

1.  I started using the Daily 5 structure on Monday!  I have been using read to self, read to partner, word work, listening and writing all year, but on a weekly rotating basis with a few extra centers built in.  So I went back to the basics and implemented the mini-lessons between rotations too! Here is a word work activity practicing our qu/wh spelling pattern with my Digraph Sort qu, wh (available in my TpT store for FREE). 


2. My intervention group includes a mix of first graders from other classes and my group is blending/word work so I used Made for First Grade's Smitten with Mittens Centers.  They practiced reading real and nonsense words with blends and digraphs. In two weeks we re-evaluate where all the kids are and resort into different groups.  I am going to miss this group!


3.  After making mini-anchor charts with the kids to reteach addition and subtraction vocabulary, I rewrote them after school and hung them only to realize there is an error on the addition one!  I have a teeny-tiny room with little wall space (not to mention a fire marshal) so I have started making mini-anchor charts that fit on my wall of cabinets and are available for reference. 


4. My family is on a homemade pizza kick and I have to say I am LOVING IT! 


5.  I have to say I am loving my Jesus Calling Devotional Book that I started last spring.  Lately, His words are speaking to exactly what is going on in my life.I am not so good with change and I trying let go of the control.


Before I leave you, I was checking out other Five for Fridays and landed at Teacher Bits and Bobs.  Kerry posted about this necklace from Origami Owl where all the proceeds go to victim's families from Sandy Hook Elementary.  How cool is that?


Now I am off to fix that anchor chart!

QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
3 Comments
Share :

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Jesus Calling, small anchor charts, and Pampered Chef stones...we have a lot in common! :) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I hope you're loving your Daily 5 so far!!! I've started to use the Daily 5 structure in my room bit by bit. I actually started with the teaching structure where we have 20/30 minutes of whole group and then 15 minutes of small group--- my kiddos LOVE it. They are attentive and engaged. THey also feel like they hit the centers jackpot because to them we never stop going to centers all morning!

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy! :) I'm so glad you are loving the Daily 5. I've been doing it for a few years myself and am really enjoying it too! ;) It's good stuff! :) Your family pizza looked delish! :) I totally hear you on 'Letting Go and Letting God'. It seems that this is a season in which I am having to struggle with it both personally and professionally. :( Thanks for sharing your five! :) Seems like over all it was a week jam-packed with goodness! :)

    Tamara
    Mrs. Russell's Room- First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios