Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Back to School Reflection


The Sunday night feeling has settled in!  Tomorrow is our first day back to school for pre-planning and my mind is already racing.  The to-do list to prepare for my incoming 18 firsties. (yes, I know 18 is a blessing as so many states have huge numbers!), putting aside my summer to-do list for next summer, and focusing myself to be the best that I can be.

It is such a blessing to have the summer to spend with my own children.  We traveled, we swam, we played, we had many ice-cream treats and we just relaxed!  Yes, many times I was on the computer planning, attending workshops and even spent several days at school, but I learned to put all of that aside and spend quality time with my family.  I am lucky!

As I ran through my Facebook News Feed a few days ago, I came across a touching article written by a teacher who is first and foremost a Christian.  Heather attends my church, teaches in the same county that I teach in and writes for her blog called Petals of Joy.
Petals of Joy
I encourage you to head on over and read her latest article, What I Want the Parents of My Students to Know.  Heather beautifully wrote the words that are in my heart.  We all understand the trials and tribulations of teaching.  We have good days and bad days as so our children.

The connection we make with these children may be their only LIGHT.   I pray that God uses me this year to teach and connect as he inspires me.  I want every child to feel connected to their classmates and me. Imagine what they can give when they feel invested and loved!

QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
1 Comments
Share :

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. I told God this past week that I needed more than I am in order to pull this off. (I've got some little ones who sure need lots of love and direction.) I'm so glad that the fruit of the Spirit isn't illegal in the classroom. I've actually got lots of help to pull this off.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios