Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Five for Friday and our Apple Project



OK, I am totally freaking out that we are in October already!  I seem to be a day late and a dollar short as we wrapped up our apple activities this week and never even got to Johnny Appleseed:( (Please don't judge!!)
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

So I am joining up with Kasey at Doodle Bugs Teaching with her five for Friday linky!  Here are 5 snapshots from our week:)

Divider-1_thumb13

I {heart} apple activities and FREE apple centers by Kasey are on the top of my list!  We practiced counting by 5's on the pocket chart.  We still need more practice, but Rome wasn't built in a day, RIGHT?


[Divider-2_thumb4%255B6%255D.png]




We started our group apple projects on Monday. We read From Farm to Table (Wonders Series) which was a perfect nonfiction reader for the group. The students then broke up into groups of four to start working on their first part of their poster.  This was my intern's first experience with a cooperative group project. I think it was a great learning experience for her as well as the kids:)

Divider-3_thumb4

 

Day 2 or our Apple Group projects started with a story called Apples, Apples, Apples and then after a discussion, the groups had to create an part 2 of their poster- The Life Cycle of an Apple.  Each group member was assigned a daily number and then each number has a specific job.  This helped with the accountability for each student in the group.  

Divider-4_thumb5



The following day, the groups worked on a flow map to tell additional details about the life cycle of the apple.  This was the third part of their poster.  This group had not added their arrows and title yet, but I guess we got caught up in groups and I didn't snap the final product.  

Divider-5_thumb5


On Thursday I was out at a writing training, but my intern did a great job introducing Double Bubble Maps to compare and contrast our two books for the week.  She took the students step by step to make their own double bubble map for their fourth and final part of their apple poster.  On Friday when I returned, each group made a presentation sharing what they learned through the week!  They did a fabulous job:)

Then we squeezed in apple taste testing, painting, an art project and even made apple sauce on Friday!  I came home and crashed and now my Five for Friday rolled into Saturday!

QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @georgialoustudios