Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Person, Place or Thing?


I can not count how many times we have said this during the week!  We have introduced not only nouns, BUT nouns in a series!!  Yikes!  Anywho, thank goodness there are so many fabulous resources out there to get the kids thinking and moving!

Visuals are the name of the game.  First graders need a connection.  We started off the week with Pumpkin Noun Sort by Michelle Oakes. The kids loved coming up to pick a card and decide if the picture and words was a person, place or thing.  The best part was because everyone wanted a turn you could hear a pin drop!  You can click on the picture to see Michelle's blog post.



My poor intern had a fabulous lesson planned with this activity today and was going to be observed by the college supervisor.  However,  he came an hour early as we switched for intervention groups.  I have to say as a middle school principal, he was very impressed by intervention groups, the rotation we had set up and my intern's higher order questioning.  Needless to say, the noun lesson was still engaging and the kids loved it!

We then used this super cute nouns interactive activity.  I wish I know who to credit, but is was a single page download with no named creator.  Does it look familiar?  I would love to give credit!


And last but not least is Pinterest.  I have to say I do not spend a ton of time on there anymore, BUT I love the app on my phone when I have a minute or two.  There are so many wonderful anchor charts for nouns, but I will just share my new favorite one for nouns.  You can click on the picture to find the pin...

Slide4

Or you can head over to Mrs. Dwyer's A+ Firsties and check out Tanya's blog!  Super fun and jam packed with lots of fabulous ideas!

OK, tomorrow is Friday.  WE CAN DO THIS!!
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @georgialoustudios