Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

I'm Loving Daily 5 and a Birthday Sale



I have to say I am REALLY loving Daily 5 this year.  I am joining First Grade in Foxwell Forest for her I'm Loving the Daily 5 on the fifth. My implementation is not perfect, but this is my fourth year using it and works really well.  I thought the kids would get tired of the same five activities on a daily basis, but this year's class has really embraced our Daily 5 time. (Yes, happy dance!)


This year I have also been consistent in following the Sister's suggestions of a short mini-lesson then a rotation.  I use our Wonders Reading series to pull my mini-lessons from and concentrate on reading strategies during small groups. This works well for this class, this year.

I have to fess up now and admit that I am a bit of a control freak!  I do have my kids rotate through 4 centers with the same group and the fifth center is where they start the next day.  The groups are mixed ability and I love that.  I then pull my small groups from centers and work with them.  My goal is to move to the children picking their own Daily Five Center so they have a choice and a buy in to what they are doing.

I would love to hear thoughts and feedback about choice during the Daily 5.  The best resource is truly The Daily 5 book.  I am going to go back and reread the section about choice.  As a side note, the second edition is being released in early February. Click on the picture to check it out!

The Daily 5 (Second Edition)

Well, being that the linky is I'm Loving Daily 5 on the fifth and today is the sixth (and my son's 10th birthday), I have put my TpT store on sale through Saturday. Happy Birthday Zach:)


 I have also uploaded my newest Fry word unit called Treasured Readers {Fry Words 301-400}. 


I put the flash cards onto rings and the students can use them during read to self or read to partner.  This set has adorable pirate graphics to go with it.

I will giveaway this unit to one lucky follower who pins this unit and leaves feedback before Saturday.  Don't forget your email address too:)
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Zach! :)

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/316096467567412426/

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a day late! But I love these word cards, so I am still going to pin them! :)
    Super cute!
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/105412447501701307/

    Kristen
    A+ Classroom Creations
    aplusclassroomcreations@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios