Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

100 Days Down, 80 to Go!



We celebrated 100 Days of School on Monday and the kids had a ball.  More importantly was the enthusiasm that spread through the room through reading, mash and even writing!


A favorite activity is making one hundred necklaces.  The student sort and count out 100 pieces of Fruit Loops and then string onto their ribbon.  The 100's charts helped my firsties who are still building their number sense.  Such a fun reminder all day of our celebration.  I think this was the first year that all my students went home with their entire necklace intact!  Who would have thought?


The kids were given a letter and a Zip-lock attached last Thursday asking them to find a collection of 100 things that would fit in a sandwich bag over the weekend.  We had pennies, Legos, hair bands, toys, garden rocks, baseball cards, and colored rubber bands. We sorted in piles of 10.  A few cuties came up short and were reminded to go back to recount!  All was fine as each collection had 100.

We then used the collections today to introduce non-standard measurement and talked about how all the objects had to be the same size and shape.


The highlight of the day was the AMAZING "When I am 100" projects.  The students wrote funny stories and created my favorite Deanna Jump 100 day art portraits.  I know it is hard to read, but this little sweetie wrote that she will be wearing dentures and living at an old folks home!  Too funny:)


As the 100th day came to a close, I have to say that it makes me a little sad that this year is more than half way over.  I LOVE my class this year and am so proud of their growth.
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @georgialoustudios