Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Read Across America & Five for Friday {2/28}



This weeks has been such a fun and  busy week!  I am joining Kasey at Doodle Bugs Teaching with Five For Friday!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/02/five-for-friday-linky-party-february_28.html
 
 
Photo: Happy Read Across America Day!!! Thank you Dr. Seuss for writing books that someone at any age can enjoy and learn from! You have proven to us all  when you join fun and learning the possibilities are endless!!  Oh the places we've gone because of you!!!
Five for Friday Read Across America Style!
 

 
Ten Apples Up on Top by Dr. Seuss is the book I selected to decorate my door.  I started with Cat in the Hat, but wanted to tie in my apple theme:)


Barb Drake is another teacher on my team who has a fish theme to she chose One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish for her door this week.  So cute!


And last but not least, my teaching buddy Stephanie Burnett is a Dr. Seuss fanatic.  She ran with it and has this adorable Lorax door and entryway!



Our school had guest readers in every classroom today and our  classroom reader ended up being a grandmother of one of my students.  What a sweet memory to have gramdma read to your class!  The kids loved listening to The Lorax  as many had seen the movie.  I was surprised at how many kids have NOT heard the book!  I can't wait to jump into some Dr. Seuss projects next week.
 
 
 
Here is my son Zachary hanging out until 5:00pm while I decorated my classroom door.  The things kids do to entertain themselves.  I am just glad that he didn't land on his head!
 
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Tammy-Wathen
 
 
There is 3 hours left on the Teachers Pay Teachers Sale tonight to shop!  Everything in my shop is 20% off and if you enter the code TPT3 you get an extra 10% off for purchase from TpT! 
 
 READY, SET, SHOP!
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @georgialoustudios