Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Five for Friday {4/11} Math Center Fun



I am linking up today with Kasey at Doodlebugs Teaching.  After trial and error on and off for two years, I FINALLY have my math centers up and running.  OK, truth be told, it is going smoothly with the help of my super sweet intern, Michelle!



 
 
Math with Teacher
 
My intern works with students on the math concept that follows a lesson and our weekly standards.  We work in small group at a table or on the carpet depending on the activity.


 
Math at the Computer
 
This week our students took the Star Math Test during their rotation to the computer center.  It is an easy way to see what standards we still need to work on as well as what they are retaining!
 
 
 
 
Skill Building
 
Students work in a group  on something previously taught.  They are generally  engaged in hands on activities and games.  Here is my group practicing with tens and ones from this super cute place value unit by Tamara Russell from Mrs. Russell's Room.
 
 
 
Ipads
 
Ipads are a super fun way to build in practice while having fun.  This year I have the inclusion room so I have 4 Ipads in my classroom.  I have them on little tables close to the ground.  Splash into Math for first grade is a go to app right now.
 
 
 
Integrated Science
 
I have integrated Science and Social Studies into our reading and math blocks to maximize our time and to help our students make the connections across content area.  We might do an experiment, work in our workbooks, write about something we learned or read the leveled books that come with our series.  My  intern is currently working on a nonfiction unit with my students.  More to come on that:)
 
 
 
Wow!  It has been a super busy week! I will be posting soon about the ins and outs of our math centers.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to address them.
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @georgialoustudios