Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Center Fun with Stamping


Hello Friends!
I am so happy to be joining in the Bright Ideas Link Up today!
Here is a Bright Idea to make your learning centers fun and effective.
 
 
Anytime stamping is involved, my kids interest level skyrockets!
Stamps are a quick, easy way for students to practice independently.
 
Stamping at Literacy Centers
 
Our go-to at the word work center is stamp a word with spelling and high frequency words.  This is one additional way to use different manipulatives to practice their words.  We have also used stamps at the writing center for editing.
 
 
Stamping at Math Centers
 
Students  use math stamps for concept development during centers.  We have used number stamps, money stamps and even clock stamps to practice skills.  Students have also used seasonal stamps for number concept development as well as patterning.
 
 
Now, before you say, "No way!" to stamping due to the possible mess,
look at these quick tips to help you and your students stay clean and on focused!
 
Stamping Tips
 
1.  Use multiple stamp pads that are the same color for the center so colors do not get mixed. I usually let up to two children share one pad.
 
2.  Have a designated place for stamp pads to be put down at the center.  Letter stamps go back on the trays that are pre-marked with the letter names.  A labeled paper towel is a great idea too!
 
3.  Have wet wipes available the center to wipe fingers as needed. 
Model how to hold the stamps while stamping and to put them down correctly.
 
 
 I hope you found this Bright Idea helpful!
For more Bright Ideas you can follow me on Bloglovin', Facebook and Instagram.
 
 
For more Bright Ideas from other bloggers, please browse through the link up below and find a grade or topic that interests you! 
 
post signature
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. I miss having coin stamps! I had some at my old school. They are so helpful. I agree that stamps really grab their attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to love to use them with my little ones! I never thought to put Wet Wipes in the station! So smart!
    Lynda Curls and a Smile

    ReplyDelete

Follow @georgialoustudios