Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a first grade teacher who has rediscovered a love for firsties this year. I have taught pre-k, kindergarten, first grade and even second over the past 16 years. I have been married for 17 years to my wonderful husband and have been blessed with 2 very active boys.

Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K Back to School
Pre-K Back to School

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy
Pre-K/Kindergarten Literacy

Phonics Games

Phonics Games
Phonics Games
Image Map
   
Blog Design by:
.
Graphics by: MareeTrueLove.
Widget by:Gabby Barba

Calendar Math for Primary Grades

Calendar Math for Primary Grades
Primary Calendar for the Year

Interactive Alphabet Anchor Charts


As I am preparing my classroom for back to school, I have scoured TpT for the perfect alphabet for my new pre-k class.  I have seen so many amazing alphabets, but none were exactly what I was looking for.  I really want my students to interact with the letters, pictures and words. Hence, the birth of interactive anchor charts!


As I formally introduce each letter and sound, I will model how to match the beginning picture sound to the letter.  The alphabet anchor chart activity will then be available for my pre-k friends to manipulate during centers.  The alphabet anchor charts will be backed with magnets and find a home on my metal cabinet for students to use for review. You could easily use Velcro or sticky-tack to make your interactive alphabet anchor charts too or leave it all off and just use it as a table top center.


I love the storing this activity in the plastic pockets that I ordered from Amazon.  You can find them HERE.  I  store the alphabet letters in the large pocket and the picture cards in the smaller one.  I am planning on ordering more as I want store all my pre-k centers in these.  Did I mention that the slide at the top of the folders are different colors for even more organization!


All of the letter and picture combinations are also available in a pocket chart size for whole group lessons and additional review!  These are great for sorting activities during centers and small group instruction as well.  You can view the pocket chart cards in the product preview HERE on TpT.

Both the interactive alphabet anchor charts and the pocket chart cards are available in Interactive Alphabet Activities.   This unit was also featured in the Teachers Pay Teachers Back to School E-Book.


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Grades-PreK-and-Kindergarten-Back-to-School-eBook-2015-2016-2020245

This resource is full of fabulous back to school tips, freebies  and product resources to get your year started on the right foot! Just click on the picture above for the pre-k & kindergarten edition.  Other grade level links can be found there as well.

I hope this helps out as you head back to school in the coming weeks!
post signature
QuickEdit
Mrs. Wathen
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @georgialoustudios